this would be the top part… “Review” part I… attempt to snag reader with remarkable diction…
Does candor work in its stead…?
Released 1971! Two sessions recorded separately!
Forget the rest of Thembi: you want tracks 2 and 6: dig “Red Black & Green” and “Bailophone Dance…”
Red Black & Green recorded at The Record Plant, Los Angeles, CA, November 25, 1970. Dig Personnel:
- Pharoah Sanders – tenor sax, soprano sax, bells, percussion
- Michael White – violin, percussion
- Lonnie Liston Smith – piano, electric piano, claves, percussion
- Cecil McBee – bass, finger cymbal, percussion
- Clifford Jarvis – drums, maracas, bells, percussion
- James Jordan – ring cymbal -3
Bailophone Dance recorded at the Record Plant, New York City, January 12, 1971.
- Pharoah Sanders – tenor sax, alto flute, koto, brass bells, balaphone, maracas, cow horn, fifes
- Lonnie Liston Smith – piano, ring cymbal, shouts, balaphone
- Cecil McBee – bass, bird effects
- Roy Haynes – drums
- Nat Bettis, Chief Bey, Majid Shabazz, Anthony Wiles – African percussion
- Lillian Davis Douma – Assistant Engineer
Both squeals, roars and chants pushed through cold brass made living w/ lung wind: the passion and rage of life via cane: